If you work in a tough environment, you know how important it is to have durable and comfortable work boots. But even the best work boots can wear out quickly, especially at the toe area. That’s why you need Tuff Toe, the ultimate footwear glue, repair and protection solution.
What is Tuff Toe?
Tuff Toe is a polyurethane adhesive that provides a smooth, flexible and waterproof finish with abrasion and chemical resistance abilities. It has been specially designed to provide long-term protection for your work boots, hiking boots, shoes and any other footwear that needs protecting.
Tuff Toe has been trusted by industry professionals for over 30 years. It is the same product used by Major League Baseball pitchers to protect their cleats from the harsh mound conditions. It is also used by roofers, electricians, masons, hikers, skaters, first responders, welders, plumbers, mechanics, flooring installers and many more.
How to Apply Tuff Toe?
Applying Tuff Toe is simple if you follow the instructions completely. You can either do it yourself or find a certified Tuff Toe professional near you.
Do It Yourself
If you choose to apply Tuff Toe yourself, you will need the following items:
- A Tuff Toe kit that includes a cartridge, a mixing nozzle, a plunger and a sandpaper.
- A pair of scissors or a knife.
- A masking or painter’s tape.
- A pair of gloves.
Here are the steps to apply Tuff Toe yourself:
- Tape: Use the tape to define the area of coverage. Tuff Toe will generally come from the toe tip to 1-2 cm from where the steel toe ends. Avoid applying Tuff Toe to any flex areas. You can tape along the sole edge if you want a cleaner line, but this is not required.
- Prep: Use the sandpaper to scuff the coverage surface. Proper surface preparation is critical for adhesion. Make sure the entire surface has been sanded to ensure optimal conditions.
- Equalize: Tuff Toe is a two-part application that needs to mix simultaneously at the time of application. If the parts are not equal, the application will fail. To ensure equalization, push material out of both cartridges until they are both extracting equally into the mixing nozzle.
- Apply: Hold the boot with your left hand (if you are right-handed) and begin on the left side of the toe. Apply Tuff Toe in a thin layer using a zigzag motion. Make sure to cover the entire surface evenly. Repeat on the right side of the toe.
- Smooth: Use your gloved finger or a popsicle stick to smooth out any bumps or ridges on the surface. You can also use a hair dryer or a heat gun to speed up the curing process.
- Cure: Let Tuff Toe cure for at least 24 hours before wearing your boots. The longer you let it cure, the stronger it will be.
Done For You
If you prefer to have a certified Tuff Toe professional apply Tuff Toe for you, you can use the TCAP locator tool on their website to find one near you. All Tuff Toe certified professionals go through the same training that their internal applicators go through before they are allowed to apply Tuff Toe to other footwear. When you have a certified Tuff Toe pro treat your work boots, you will have the product and application guaranteed for the usable life of your boots.
Why Choose Tuff Toe?
Tuff Toe is not just another shoe glue or repair product. It is a proven solution that will extend the life of your work boots by three times or more. Here are some of the benefits of choosing Tuff Toe:
- It is waterproof and will resist punctures, chemicals and stains.
- It is flexible and will not crack or peel off.
- It is easy to apply and will not require any special tools or skills.
- It is affordable and will save you money in the long run.
- It is made in the USA and comes with a lifetime guarantee.
If you want to protect your work boots from wear and tear, look no further than Tuff Toe. It is the ultimate footwear glue, repair and protection solution that has been trusted by industry professionals for over 30 years. Whether you do it yourself or find a certified Tuff Toe professional near you, you will be amazed by how much longer your work boots will last with Tuff Toe.
Don’t let your work boots get ruined by harsh conditions. Order your Tuff Toe kit today and give your work boots a new lease of life!